Thursday, August 16, 2007

A night of worship!


So,

I got home after driving 200 miles today and wanted to take a nap before I went over to Worship Practice at Alex's house. My wife succored me into going to the pool with the neighbors. So I went, on one condition! We get to go to practice, together! It worked especially since I wasn't going to be there on Sunday. I have to work, yeah! :-( I think she was bored till Jen got home with the kids then she was sitting with Miles and having a good conversation with the 4 and half year old. Stephanie is such an awesome mother!

Anyway, I was sitting there and I thought maybe it would be cool to get the camera out. So I went and rumaged thru Alex's truck and got one and started taping practice. The funny thing was that Alex was doing all the funny cool stuff when I wasn't recording. Go figure. I did however catch some really good video of everyone and seeing how even though it's practice you can get caught up in the song and worship God. Even if Alex was flat, Chris loose his part, or Rich goofing around on the drums. There was a moment when Alex's daughter, Macy came up to him and was looking up at him while he was singing. It was especially powerful for me because it was a song about looking up to God and all of his glory. I think it was the Matt Redman song, I could be wrong.

One thing about me, I always forget the name of songs and who sings them. It takes me a few months to figure it out! It also takes me forever to remember the words and the part that goes with it. I can usually get one or the other and if I'm singing with someone else, I'll nail it; however, it takes me months to get a solo down. I'm still trying to figure out why Alex wants me to sing! Well, maybe I'll give it a shot. Stephanie may not come because she's heard me sing in the car and in the shower! :-)

Anyway, I'm going to go to bed "early" and try to get to work early tomorrow. I've been goofing off way to much this week and need to catch up!

1 comment:

alex mclean said...

It was so great to have you guys there! We'll miss you this weekend.

Clicky Web Analytics