Monday, August 13, 2007

Name Change??

So,

I'm thinking about changing my domain name because I just don't think it flows. Yes, I r twidget. Yes, I do love to sail sailboats. Yes I do "sail" (more like steam) in the Navy. Finally, yes, .blogspot.com is going to have to stay since I don't have my own server. I could, but I don't have a static IP and don't feel like paying for one. On top of that, I'd probably have to learn HTML again and have the time to design, and tweak things.

You may notice I use the screen name J29teamtahoe a lot. The story behind that is when I was a kid (not too long ago) my dad bought a sailboat named Team Tahoe. Team T was a well known boat on Lake Tahoe thanks to it's previous owner, Jimmy Gregory. She was fast, sleek, a winner, and a J! J/Boats designed by Rod Johnstone, are one of the hottest designs on the sailboat racing and racer/cruiser market. Team T was a J29 Masthead Outboard rig. Our results weren't as good as Jimmy's but we made a run at it for a few years. Team T was the first sailboat that I skippered for a race (NOOD regatta or JFest I think). I was so scared! San Francisco City Front right in front of St. Francis Yacht Club and Golden Gate Yacht Club just east of the Golden Gate is no punk! Sure I sailed our Catalina (Sails Call) several times at Lake Tahoe when we were just cruising, but this area in San Francisco Bay is way/totally/drastically/crucially different. Dad couldn't make it and we had to represent our class since a lot of other people bailed. Richard Leavey, another J29 owner was on board, but a "Stout" had to skipper. It wasn't till I joined the Navy that Dad sold the boat and became a stink potter. He had no crew so I don't blame him. I do miss those days though and have been known as j29teamtahoe ever since.

So...for those of you who know me, and for those of you who just met me, send me some ideas! I just don't think Sailingtwidget makes sense or fits that well.

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics