Thursday, January 31, 2008

Steve Gray @ The Desert Dome

So,

I say so a lot. Just noticed that. Anyway, on base at the Desert Dome there is the Steve Gray Band which will be out here for two months. A mix of artists from a recording drummer, Steve Gray obviously, experienced lead guitarist. They do covers and some originals of everything from Rock, Rap to Country. I didn't get to stay and listen much, but they seemed pretty good. The Dome set them up with a Allen & Heath GL3300. That's funny since we (Life Church) just sold a GL3200. Anyway, it wasn't their board (The Bands) so they were at a slight disadvantage. On top of this their sound guy was actually their Roadie and Manager. More of a light guy then anything.

So anyway, I chit chatted with themfor a little bit (the area is kind of dead right now) and looked over the equipment for a bit. Looks like they started out with good intentions. When I came back later after they had started, the sliders were all maxed out, meters were barely moving and everything but the bass guitar sounded good. I was thinking about offering my help, but I thought that might be a little bit rude especially since that's what those guys do for a living.

Anyway, I would say check Steve Gray Band out. They looked like a pretty good band and the did sound good for what I did hear.

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics