Friday, November 30, 2007

Hey All, an update!

Well all,

I'm in Saipan which is part of the Marianas Islands. I'm at one of the local hangout bars. I've had a few drinks, which is probably too many. There isn't much here to do so it's usually just end up at the same place every night. Last night they had this kickin' cover band and they totally rocked! Gave me total inspiration to learn the guitar and songs and maybe get back into the vocal realm. Well, tonight a different band is playing. I really can't drink enough to make them sound better, hence the reason I'm blogging.

On the technical side of the house, they are running a Cerwin-Vega combination which has got way too may watts for this Small place, but it seems to work if you enjoy permanent hearing damage. Using a Berringer board. I'm not sure what kind of amps, but that is okay. Bass is killer! Last night and tonight the bass players were playing 5 string bass's. They are pretty good. Last nights band covered Nickleback, Brittney Spears, 3 Doors Down, and such. This band has slaughtered way to many to even claim they tried. I figured if I had a few more, they'd sound better. Well, nope. I guess I shouldn't talk because I still suck, but I'm trying to learn. It's okay, everyone has got to start somewhere.

Well, so far we've been to Guam and Saipan. Guam was on base liberty only which was okay. Saipan I golfed and spent way too much at the bar. Went to a Vegas like Copperfield show. Wasn't worth the money, but I can say I did it at the Hyatt Regency in Saipan.

My chain of command has proven to be exactly what the rumors have been. You have to be very careful of who you select as friends and trust. I think I've found a select group, most have transferred in with the same opinion. Hopefully we'll be home soon. Man, I pray that is the case.

Life Church seems to be moving along. I got a e-mail from Alex the other day. He said that they are in the new building now, but tithe has been way down. I'm praying that it comes up and that they are growing and glorifying more then I could even imagine. Keep them in your prayers!

Well, I'm going to go now. I'll talk to you all later!

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics