Monday, October 1, 2007

Sound for Dummies

So, when I went on my first work up, it was kind of short notice. I decided that since I have my nice new Macbook, I would record a Sound @ Life Church for Dummies. It's just me blabbing to the lappie on my way home. Not edited, all rough, and unscripted. Hopefully it helps somebody, someday, somehow. Here they all are:

1. Basic Setup (i.e. the first thing you do when you show up at 6:00 am)
2. Mic'ing the Stage
3. Aviom Setup
4. Trouble Shooting (can be used everywhere, but covers our setup.)
5. Miscellaneous things (covers our final mix and accessories.)

Alex requested I blog about it, so here it is. I apologize for how "primitive" it is. Like I said, I dummied it down so that any volunteer should be able to at least plug in the FOH speakers and reproduce something. I don't remember if I went into detail regarding Unity Gain, or mixing, but that's always personal preference and style.

Well, that's all for me for now. I'm off on another work-up. You can e-mail me here for the next couple of weeks. See you soon!

1 comment:

alex mclean said...

invaluable stuff - check it out!

Clicky Web Analytics